Date: 7th of May 2019
Cost: €95 per person
Time: 9.30am to 5.00pm
Venue: Gateway Business Centre, Athy Road, Carlow
Contact: 059 9132152/ firstname.lastname@example.org
This extremely popular workshop equips people managers with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to manage under performance, problematic absence and complaints of work related stress from identification of the issue through to implementation and monitoring of a plan to address the problem to get the desired improvement in performance or attendance.
What is the format of the workshop?
A comprehensive and practical workshop which develops the core competencies you require to have effective and constructive dialogues with direct reports, particularly around poor performance, absence and work related stress issues. The workshop focuses on informal and formal methods to address these issues so as to ensure you undertake the process in a fair and consistent manner. The workshop is highly interactive – through ‘real life’ role-play scenarios and case studies, you will have an opportunity to practice new skills and discuss issues openly to maximise learning.
Is it right for me?
This workshop is designed for human resource professionals, supervisors/line mangers and business owners.
What will I learn?
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Know the legal and practical requirements relating to performance, absence and work related stress.
- Understand the relevance of internal HR procedures.
- Know how to address issues both informally and formally.
- Acquire the skills to give constructive and balanced feedback.
- Know how to administer an informal and formal Performance Improvement Plan.
- Know what records must be maintained.
- Know when to escalate the issue.
You will take away:
- A comprehensive paper on Managing Performance, Absence & Work Related Stress (2017)
- A number of checklists and templates
- Sample policies