Contact Jacqueline to find out how to sign up
What is and EAP Programme?
EAP offers short-term intervention to employees who may be experiencing difficulties that impact their work and personal lives.
What can the EAP help with?
The EAP counselling service can help with a wide variety of personal or work related issues you and your family might be facing:
- Low mood
- Marital or relationship problems
- Family problems
- Loss & grief
- Substance abuse issues
- Financial worries
- Questions on a legal matter
- Help with career planning
- Confidence issues
- Consumer queries
- Worries about physical health
- Advice on practical, day to day issues
Short Term Counselling
When an employee is referred for counselling through the EAP, you will be provided with 6 or 8 sessions of counselling
Our expansive team is spread throughout Ireland and the UK so you can always be matched with a counsellor within 30 miles of your home or work place
Our counsellors have a wide range of clinical specialities meaning you can be matched with someone experienced in dealing with whatever your specific issue might be
Our team of counsellors is multilingual, speaking more than a dozen different languages.
After being referred, your counsellor will contact you within 48 hours.
Your first appointment will be arranged within 5 working days.
What does the EAP platform give me access too?
- Self-help resources
- e-learning modules
- Informative blog articles on all aspects of wellbeing
- On demand webinars
- Live Chat with an EAP counsellor
- 1 to 1 video counselling
The EAP is more than just a counselling support service, your EAP can help you with a wide range of practical, day to day issues, providing you with access to:
- Advice from allied health professionals including physiotherapists, dieticians and more
- Advice on childcare and eldercare
- Support for non-Irish nationals around settling into Ireland
- Financial advice
- Advice on legal issues
- Career guidance
- Life coaching
- Mediation information
- Consumer advice