Cost: €495 per person
Date: 25th March, 8th, 28th April, 13th May 2020
Time: 9.30am to 5pm
Venue: Talbot Hotel Carlow
Contact: Jacqueline 059 9132152 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerging Managers Programme
We will be running an emerging manager programme, available on demand, in the new year. If you would like to book a place on the programme please let me know.
This programme is QQI accredited and participants can earn a level 6 component cert in Personal and Professional Development.
Everybody who arrives in a management role for the first time, asks themselves what do i do now? The hard work and technical skills that got them the management responsibilities are not the skillset necessary to be a successful manager. The new manager needs to quickly identify what they need to focus on and how to make necessary personal changes in a seamless manner.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is designed for those who have:
- Assumed a management role
- Are very experienced in their current role and have been identified as suitable to take on team lead or management responsibilities in the organisation
- Have supervisory responsibility for fellow colleagues in an informal way
How is the programme delivered?
This programme will be delivered over 4 full day workshops. Each workshop is highly interactive with group discussions, individual reflection and group exercises to explore issues and develop identified management skills, for immediate application.
Day 1: Managing Self
- Understand how best to work with others regardless of formal title or position
- Identify approaches to managing working relationships with key individuals
- Recognise effective approaches and ineffective approaches to communication
- Provide constructive feedback to key individuals to progress goals and objectives
- Commit to actions demonstrating their ability to assume greater responsibility for managing people
- Learn how to ensure that they deliver on the objectives of their role
Day 2: Time Management and Delegation
- Analysis their current work practices to assess overall effectiveness
- Identify areas and practices that are “time wasters” and develop alternative approaches to handling them effectively
- Prioritise work resulting in more effective use of time
- Eliminate the “urgency addiction”
Day 3: Effective Team Player
- Identify the attitudes, behaviours and disciplines required of great team players
- Understand the stages in the evolution of teams and how they can contribute to ensuring that the team consistently delivers to a high level of performance
- Identify ways in which the individuals well intentioned behaviors can limit and frustrate team performance
- Determine and commit to personal behaviours to improve the teams cohesion, performance and collective spirit
Day 4: Effective Communication
- Understand the impact of your words, tone and body language
- Bring the “moment of truth” to life for you customers
- Communicate in difficult situations
As a result of this programme participants will have:
- Improved self awareness to help them to determine how best to manage their team
- Committed to proven management practices demonstrating their ability to assume greater responsibility
- Learned how to ensure that the team deliver on objectives
- Determined the attitudes, behaviours and disciplines required of great team players
- Committed to personal behaviours to improve teams cohesion performance and collective spirit
- Developed new work practices to improve overall effectiveness with respect to management of self and of the team