This is a one-day course designed to enable the course participants to perform risk assessments in the use, ergonomics and management of VDU’s in the office and to fulfil their statutory obligations in this regard.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the duties defined in the General Applications Regulations 2007l
- Understand the factors that constitute an assessment: equipment, work area, work posture, noise, glare, work chair, heat, humidity, lighting, manual handling etc.
- Understand ergonomic factors and VDU workstation layout: area – minimum requirements, housekeeping, clutter and trip hazards
- Appreciate the postural implications of VDU workstations and the implications of Work-related Musculo-skeletal problems or diseases
- Carry out VDU workstation assessments and advise operators on the safe methods of work
- All participants will receive a VDU Ergonomic Assessors Pack which contains all the software/ information you require as an assessor including a full PowerPoint presentation of the VDU Ergonomic course
- Please note that this training can be tailored to pregnancy Risk Assessment