16th of May 2018 (Full)
Cost: €95 per person
Time: 9.30am to 5.00pm
Venue: Gateway Business Centre, Athy Road, Carlow
Telephone skills are essential for anyone who interacts with others by phone. Our 1-day course will develop your core skills, so that you can present a professional persona at all times.
Telephone skills are the same in every sector. Therefore, the techniques you will learn during this course are suitable for participants from any industry.
- Develop a Professional Telephone Manner
The primary objective of this workshop is to help you create a strong set of telephone skills that enable you to interact with every customer in a way that leaves a positive impression.
- Excellent Communication Skills
Communication skills are at the heart of every successful phone interaction. We work on clear communication, listening skills, questioning and verifying information.
- An Ability to Handle Difficult Situations
Even the best customer care representatives encounter difficult conversations. The skills you learn here will ensure you are ready to handle any challenging conversation professionally.
- A Practical Approach
We believe in “learning by doing”, so this workshop incorporates plenty of active learning, discussion and group exercises.
Creating a Professional Image
- Understanding your role as first point of contact
- Delivering a positive first impression
- Setting the tone for your call
- Presenting a professional, yet personable image
Communicating with Customers
- Communicating clearly
- Asking the right questions
- The importance of listening skills
- Verifying information
- Maintaining control of each call
- Taking a pro-active approach
- How to turn difficult conversations into opportunities
- Achieving a positive outcome